- Jumbo rolls have 400 sheets each
- Fits in almost all loo roll holders
- Sheets are 3.94" x 3.94" each
- 43 sq. feet per roll
WHAT DOES IT REPLACE?
Your last roll. TP from non-recycled sources. TP with added fragrance and dyes. TP that comes wrapped in plastic. TP from companies that don't give back to the greater good.
100% recycled paper from books and office paper.
Wrapped in recycled and recyclable paper, not plastic.
We asked "Who Gives A Crap" about sourcing. Here's what they had to say:
"We're an Australian-owned company, and after a lot (and we mean A LOT) of thoughtful consideration, we’ve proudly set up our manufacturing operations in China. There’s a bit of a misconception about production in China, which we think is important address. We work closely with our producers to ensure standards and processes we’re happy with, plus we found that China offered a lot of wonderful benefits:
- We can use paper wrappers and recycled cardboard boxes rather than plastic! We couldn’t find an Australian producer that would let us to this with varied designs for our wrappers.
- We have access to a large pool of local, raw materials—post-consumer waste paper (which is not readily available in Australia). By using China's local materials, we avoid importing from overseas.
- We can cut the cost of operations, passing on those savings to our customers. Australian toilet tissue manufacturers are few and far between, and they all have their own brands. We’d be asking one of our competitors to make our products!
For our North American launch, we’ve sea freighted containers of stock into both the east and west coast, and are distributing from there. Don’t worry, we’re not flying your toilet paper orders over from Australia!
All of these factors ensure we’re building a sustainable business model that delivers quality and environmentally responsible products at competitive prices. This allows us to focus on our greater mission: building toilets for those who need them!"
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Who Gives A Crap was started in 2013 after the founders learned that 2.3 billion people across the world don't have access to a toilet. That's roughly 40% of the global population and means that around 289,000 children under five die every year from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation. That's almost 800 children per day, or one child every two minutes.
In their words, "We thought that was pretty crap." So in July 2012, Simon, Jehan and Danny launched Who Gives A Crap. They delivered their first product in March 2013 and have been growing ever since.
To date they've donated over $1.8m Aussie dollars (that’s the equivalent of over $1,300,000!) to charity and saved a heck of a lot of trees, water and energy. Not bad for a toilet paper company, eh?