- Bulk food shopping: buy meats and deli goods waste-free from your local grocer by taking your pouch as a single-use plastic packaging alternative.
- Meal prep: pre-cut your veggies and keep them crisp in the fridge
- Marinating meat, tofu or vegetables
- Holding liquids, like soup or broth
- Freezing single-portion curries and other meals
- Keeping your breakfast smoothie ingredients pre-prepared, ready to go
- Freezing veggies, berries and other perishables
- Holding sandwiches in your lunch bag
- Traveling with non-food wet or dirty items
What's included? A single leak proof silicone food pouch in transparent white, with a charcoal colored slide closure.
Size: 1.5 Liter holds up to 1.5 liters of liquid. 21 cm X 24 cm
4 Liter holds 4 liters of liquid (~1 gallon). 30 cm X 31 cm
How to use: Use to store food in fridge, freezer or cupboards. Safe to microwave, heat on stovetop or in oven (as long as you remove charcoal slide).
Care: Remove charcoal slide to wash bag in the dishwasher or wash by hand with hot, soapy water & hang on drying rack. Tip: Turn it inside out.
Smallish paper board box made from 100% recycled materials.
100% Pure platinum silicone.
Like 99.9% of all silicone products, these are made in China.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In 2016, founder Bronwyn, wanting to make a difference to the amount of waste in the world, started creating beeswax wraps from her Dad’s kitchen in Launceston Tasmania. Since then, the SUSTOMi team has grown to a wonderful team of 7 young women, determined to make a difference in the world. The team are constantly innovating and bringing to life a growing, inspiring collection of low waste goodies.
All SUSTOMi products are:
- 100% reusable for decades or 100% biodegradable
- Replace a single-use plastic item
- Do no harm to health
- Promote a lifestyle of healthy eating
SUSTOMI donates a full dollar for every purchase to fighting food waste and hunger in Australia and/OR to groups focused on regenerating our oceans.