As part of our commitment to being a not-just-for-profit business, What’s Good selects a different charity each quarter and donates $1 for every order we receive.
Our featured charity throughout August and September is Project Drawdown, the world’s leading resource for climate solutions. The organization’s mission is to help the world reach “drawdown” — the point in the future when levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere stop climbing and start to steadily decline, thereby stopping catastrophic climate change—as quickly, safely, and equitably as possible.
• Global warming is estimated to reach 1.5°C between 2030 and 2052 resulting in sea level rise of 1-8 feet by 2100 due to glacial melt.
• The effects of human-caused global warming are irreversible on the timescale of people alive today.
• Climate-related risks due to global warming include more frequent wildfires, longer periods of drought, and an increase in the duration and intensity of tropical storms.
• Climate-related risks to human life include livelihoods, food security, water supply, human security, and economic growth.
• Biodiversity and ecosystems are also at risk, including species loss and extinction, particularly to marine biodiversity and fisheries.
Sources: climate.nasa.gov; ipcc.ch
What’s Good is proud to support Project Drawdown this month. We hope your What’s Good purchases make your heart full knowing that we’ll donate $1 for every order you place to support the good work toward achieving climate solutions.
Consider also joining us this fall at our viewing event of Project Drawdown’s Climate Solutions 101 video series, followed by discussion and Q&A.
If you’re new to What’s Good, this is just part of our giving program. Among other donations, we also give 1% of our revenue to One Percent for the Planet. And, with every used box shipped (pick this option at check out), we'll plant one tree through One Tree Planted.
Together we do more good. Thank you!
Leave a comment
If any email is worthy of your inbox, it's this. Our goal is 1–2x per month. You'll get helpful & inspiring eco info, plus subscriber-only discounts.