A GOOD MEAL DESERVES A GOOD UNSCENTED CANDLE.
Don't let drippy, fast burning, soot producing, petroleum-based, fragrance-infused candles ruin your holiday meal. 100% pure beeswax is naturally aromatic, infused with the sweet, subtle scent of honey. Non-toxic and non-allergenic, beeswax candles burn clean—and soot free. While burning, they release negative ions, improving air quality by eliminating pollutants and allergens from the air that we breathe.
Each pair of these elegant tapers has been dipped by a steady hand at least 20 times into vats of naturally filtered, molten wax. This time-honored process, combining the most precious of candle waxes with skilled craftsmanship, creates long, even burning tapers. As always, our wicks are made from 100% cotton and contain no lead or metal.
Pairs available: Pumpkin, Black, Teal, Eggplant, Forest, Natural, Moss, Red, & Ivory
- Naturally dripless, smokeless, and burns clean
- Exceptionally long burn times
- No petroleum, lead, or metal
- Helps purify your air (see below); great for those with allergies and asthma
- Wicks are 100% cotton and have been primed with beeswax (not paraffin)
- Supports sustainable beekeeping
- Natural process using no chemicals and very little energy, filtered via natural clay process that cleans the wax of impurities, yet allows the wax to retain its inherent color and aroma
- Produced by hand in small batches in Seattle, Washington
WHAT DOES IT REPLACE?
All other candles, especially those made with paraffin, a petroleum product. Most soy candles are mixed with paraffin, too. In the US, in order for the label to read Soy Candle, it only has to be 51% Soy. Same goes for Beeswax, be sure the label reads 100% pure beeswax.
BORING (BUT USEFUL) STUFF
Tapers come in a set of 2 candles, sized: 12" x 7/8" (each candle burns for over 12 hours)
Beeswax burns clean and purifies the air at the same time! In addition to supporting sustainable beekeeping, the consumption of beeswax candles is also good for the air we breathe. Unlike paraffin candles, which are made with a petroleum-based wax, beeswax candles have a completely clean non-toxic burn and produce negative ions when burning.
About Negative Ions:
- These charged molecules are created when air molecules break apart because of sunlight, radiation, or the movement of air and water. The number of negative ions in an environment can vary greatly depending on the environment. For example, Yosemite Falls has approximately 100,000 negative ions per cubic centimeter as opposed to anywhere from a hundred to none in the average office or home.
- Negative ions relieve stress, boost energy and alertness levels, reduce the amount of dust mites and dander in the air, and they may help protect against airborne germs by attaching to positively charged ions that are holding other contaminants airborne.
- How do negative ions work? It is unknown exactly why negative ions affect the body in such a positive manner. Theories about how they work include:
- They cause a biochemical reaction that increases serotonin levels
- They increase the flow of oxygen to the brain
- They stimulate the pituitary gland, which regulates the endocrine glands including the adrenal and thyroid glands
All natural, biodegradable ingredients: These candles are made from locally sourced (Seattle, WA) 100% beeswax, which undergoes no chemical processing. Wicks are 100% cotton, primed with beeswax, not paraffin.
Minimal packaging (a label to hold the two candles together) made with post-consumer recycled paper products and soy based inks.
Beeswax sourced locally in Washington for sustainably managed apiaries. All candles manufactured in Seattle, Washington, USA.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
From the beginning, Big Dipper has been committed to the well-being and satisfaction of our customers, beekeepers, and community. Big Dipper is a Green America Approved Business. Green America's thorough screening process, which takes into account the social and environmental practices of a business, offers third party verification of our commitment to the community and to the environment.
Big Dipper is committed to giving back to the community in a way that will ensure healthy ecosystems for years to come. Charitable efforts are focused on three main areas: Education, Research, and Sustainability.
Big Dipper is committed to supporting a vibrant community of customers, beekeepers, and bees. To that end, 5% of the net profits from all candle sales is donated to organizations dedicated to outreach, education, and sustainability efforts devoted to promoting sustainable beekeeping. Big Dipper also supports a variety of local groups including schools, sports organizations, animal shelters, and health research organizations.