THE SIMPLE ELEGANCE OF A REUSABLE FILTER
Use fewer resources, save money, and enjoy better coffee. What's more elegant than that? Use this two-pack of filters with your pour over or dripper sized #2. Brew. Dump. Rinse. Dry. Repeat.
What makes it taste so great? CoffeeSock filters are made with Certified Organic Cotton. Cotton imparts no flavor on the finished brew, unlike paper. Cotton is 90% cellulose, which is a tasteless and odorless compound that is insoluble in water. Cotton absorbs some of the oils released from coffee beans yet lets acids pass through. The resulting cup is clear crisp, rich and robust with all the acid of paper brewed coffee, without the paper taste, and all of the richness of French press without the heavy oiliness.
- Reusable—Just brew, rinse, wring, hang to dry.
- Economical—only 25% of a premium paper filter's cost.
- Renewable resource—Made from responsibly produced organic cotton. No chemical fertilizers or pesticides used.
- Durable—may last a year or more.
- Rich and balanced brew—superior to paper, plastic, and metal alternatives.
- Made in Austin, Texas.
WHAT DOES IT REPLACE?
- CoffeeSock filters are a reusable alternative to paper filters (especially chlorinated white filters) and nylon sacks.
- One 2-pack replaces approximately 500 paper filters.
BORING (BUT USEFUL) STUFF
Made to fit Drip Cone #2
- Drip #2 Cone Dimensions: 7.75” W x 4.5” H
- Care: Rinse, wring, hang to dry. Depending on how often you use it, periodically boil in fresh water for 10 minutes to remove coffee oil build up.
Made from GOTS Certified Organic Cotton, a responsibly produced, renewable resource.
Unbleached, kraft paper box which is 100% recyclable, home or industrial compostable, and biodegradable.
Hand made in Austin, TX by happy humans making a fair and living wage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CoffeeSock was birthed late 2011 in a 'necessity is the mother of invention' moment. Out of Chemex coffee filters, and with an old traveling Chorreador, aka 'coffee sock' from Costa Rica as inspiration, we made an organic fabric filter for the Chemex. It performed so well that we were inspired to create models for all popular coffee brewing processes. As we began to offer these for sale, the reception was so enthusiastic that we turned all of our attention to developing a brand, a family business, and to changing the world ONE SOCK AT A TIME!