BORING (BUT USEFUL) STUFF
- Extremely stable, long shelf life, will not lose firepower or dry out when left open
- Not oily or greasy
- Have no unpleasant smells
- Can be stored safely near or with food
- Harmless when in contact with plants, vegetation or aquatic organisms.
- FSC Certified wood from responsibly managed forests
- 100% USDA Certified Biobased Product
- 100% Renewable sources
- !00% non-GMO vegetable oil
- No petroleum products—no kerosene, no paraffin wax, less soot
- Carbon neutral
- Non-toxic—no formaldehyde, no added chemicals
- 100% home and municipal compostable
- No greasing needed
28 cubes — depending on how big a fire you're lighting you will likely get 7 to 9 fires out of this pack.
72 cubes — depending on how big a fire, 18-24 fires.
These firelighters are quick and easy to use:
WHAT DOES IT REPLACE?
- Place 3-4 firelighters under wood or on top of charcoal.
- Light each firelighter on the fractured side of the cube. Cube burns for 8-10 minutes with the first 5 minutes producing the strongest flame.
Petroleum based firelighters: Some firelighters contain kerosene and /or paraffin or paraffin wax, all derived from petroleum, and therefore based on fossil fuels. With the combustion of some firelighters, formaldehyde—a substance which has been classified as a human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)—may be released. If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters are 100% from renewable resources and are non-toxic.
Firelighters using petroleum products, such as kerosene, paraffin wax or slack wax are not carbon neutral. Because If You Care Firelighters are made 100% from biomass—wood and vegetable oil—the emission resulting from their combustion are considered carbon neutral. This is due to the fact that the CO2 emitted from the combustion of biomass is offset by reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere as a result of new biomass growth. This is in accordance with guidelines by the EPA as well as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
FSC-certified wood from well-managed forests and 100% non-GMO vegetable oil.
Made in the Netherlands.
Unbleached cardboard from FSC certified forests.
Printed using vegetable based inks and dyes as a substitute for petroleum based inks. This reduces the amount of VOCs released into the air during printing.
100% USDA Certified Biobased Product
ABOUT THE COMPANY
If You Care brand was created in 1990 and started with unbleached coffee filters. If You Care had the first and only unbleached coffee filters in North America at that time. Parchment Baking Paper and Baking Cups soon followed, both unbleached as well. There was no other brand in the North American market offering brown chlorine-free paper products.
If You Care products are produced with a view to reducing the amount of waste in our waste streams. If possible, nothing should remain after the product has been used and properly disposed of. The packaging is made from unbleached recycled cardboard or paper which should be recycled again.
Thanks for reading! What other products would you'd like us to carry? Let us know!