FRESH & NATURAL.
It was never our intent at What's Good to offer food items, however, we love good products and we're crazy for good people brave enough to launch good businesses. In this spirit we offer you a small collection of oil (and vinegars) from a small business that curates distinctive oils sourced directly from California growers.
Presently, we're offering three flavors each in 250 ml (8.45 oz) glass bottle:
If your favorite olive oil flavor isn't here, tell us what it is and we'll source it for you!
- Ascolano — Ascolano olives are a Tuscan mono-varietal that flourish in the warmth of the Mediterranean climate. 100% hand picked in late November, they are milled within hours of harvesting to ensure the highest level of freshness and quality. Too many awards to list!
- Olio Nuovo — This is as close to picking an olive off the tree as you can get. We are writing this in December, just a month after being pressed. It's robust, tangy, and reminds you that EVO doesn't have to play a supporting role. This one steals the show. It's great on pasta with fresh parmesan and crushed red pepper. Drizzle it over bruschetta and roasted vegetables. As a dip with your favorite loaf of bread.
- Basil — The fresh, natural flavor of basil is infused into this high-quality extra virgin olive oil, creating an invigorating, delightful aroma. The full flavor of basil balances with the light undertones of the oil for a smooth, clean finish. Use in Italian recipes, pesto sauces, and marinades. Drizzle over thick slices of tomatoes and goat cheese before roasting. Use to liven up salad dressings, caprese salads, meats, chicken, pasta, egg dishes, and vegetables. Or wherever you love the taste of fresh basil.
Double Garlic — If you love garlic, use this to add a fuller garlic flavor to your dishes or to bypass the mincing and chopping. Great for pizzas, meats, and veggies, whether you're grilling, roasting or sautéing. An excellent all-around olive oil.
- Fresh Garlic — Just like its more robust brother but less intense. When you want garlic, but you're not trying to kill vampires.
- Thai Chili — This oil has a fresh medium-intensity with a slight smoky flavor, very mild initially then slowly warming the palate. Thai chilies naturally make our bodies create endorphins, sending blissful feelings to our brains. Use in chili, dipping sauces, marinades, pizza, stir-fries and stews. Perfect for roasting fresh vegetables, sautéing red meats, poultry, fish and seafood. Great to use as a finishing oil.
- Hand bottled in glass & sealed for freshness
- No artificial fillers or flavors
- Sourced directly from growers in California or Italy
- All natural
Extra Virgin Olive Oil; natural extracts.
A recyclable glass bottle with plastic cap and foil wrap.
Sourced directly from California & Italian growers; hand-bottled in New York.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
While still working a corporate day job, Cosimano & Ferrari's founder, Patrick Cosmano took his lifelong love of quality olive oil and vinegars to the next level by starting his own business. Cosimano & Ferrari is an ode to his mother and father's ancestral names. He jokes that his name is Cosmano because his family lost the 'I" at Ellis Island. Patrick juggled his full-time job and his burgeoning oil business for six years, until it was clear Cosimano & Ferrari needed him to fully focus on bringing us the best oils and vinegars he could find. Today, some 12 years later, Cosimano & Ferrari strives to bring high-quality products from around the globe to our kitchens—in the most environmentally friendly way possible. Cosimano & Ferrari specializes in award winning olive oil and vinegars from U.S. and international boutique growers and producers and is continually searching for olive oils and vinegars with distinctive flavors.